Wednesday, March 12, 2008

You Never Really Get to Stop Dating

I have decided two Very Important Things:

1. I hate grad school
2. I hate being only minimally employed

So I have spent the past few weeks job hunting. Like, hardcore job hunting. I am on the prowl.

Today I received an email from one of the places that I applied. I read it several times and was very pleased by what I was reading. But I didn't want to get too excited for no reason, so I called my friend Jess (at work. Jess has a real job),

Me: Jess, you're HR, right?
Jess: Yeah....
Me: Awesome. Listen to this email I got and tell me what you think it means.
[I read email to Jess over the phone. Twice. Jess asks a few questions, like when do you email them, how did they close the letter, have you called, etc.]
Me: So? What does it mean?
Jess: I think it means they like you and want to go out with you.

Even though I am happily settled wit my McNASA, it seems that job interviews are my new dates.

No comments: