Friday, June 27, 2008

Ahem.

I seem to have been absent from here for some time. Not that I was ever very diligent, but four months is rather a long time.

But.

Oh, the but.

But I found a job! And then a stray cat found us! And, most importantly, we've found a house!!!

It isn't everything that I hoped for. I know that. And when I show you the picture in just a minute (or should I say "show you in just a few inches"? Is a blog measured in Time or Space?), you'll think "Oh." Like when a friend has an ugly sweater that she's just knitted herself and you say "Oh! Look at THAT!" very brightly. That kind of "oh".

But it's ours! And it's wooded and private and feels like you're in the country but the New York Times is only a five minute drive away! And we can do whatever we want/can afford to do to it.

We close on Monday morning at 10 am. The final walkthrough is at 8:30, and I'll get to go inside, leave my purse on the counter, and know that I'll be back for it soon.

1 comment:

Judi said...

There is nothing ugly sweater about this baby! No awkward oh's. Just lots of anticipated oooohs and ahhhs as I finally get to see this sucker with my own eyes! can't wait. And it's yours... which in my book pretty much makes it awesome!