Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Guests

Next weekend, McNASA and I will have our first true weekend guests. I am very excited but nervous. We rarely had guests in our home when I was a child, and NEVER anyone who would stay for the entire weekend, so I get antsy and overzealous when I plan what to do and how to host them.

If I had all of the money I could ever want (and my 7 bedroom Victorian), I would want a guestroom that looked like this



That just looks and feels restful to me. Unfortunately, we don't have the budget or the space to make that happen yet. However, our friends have offered us a futon, and McNASA is more than happy to rearrange the room that he uses as a makeshift studio so that our friends can have their own space while they're here. I am going to post some before and after photos, and see how close I got to making a restful, welcoming room.

No comments: