Friday, February 22, 2008

You Win This Round, Dolly Parton

Just heard back from Guest Services at



Thank you for your interest in Dollywood. We're sorry but Dollywood is no longer available for guests’ weddings; however, there are several chapels in the area that would be happy to send you information. For chapels in the Pigeon Forge area, you can contact the Pigeon Forge Department of Tourism at 1(800)251-9100 and for chapels in the Gatlinburg area, you can contact the Gatlinburg Chamber of Commerce at 1(800)822-1998. They will gladly assist you.


Blah, blah, blah.

There go all of my childhood wedding dreams. Damn it. I was so excited, too, because getting married at Dollywood would certainly limit the number of guests we'd have to worry about.

Now what?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad I stumbled upon this post. I am trying to find a great wedding location and I LOVE the idea of the song "islands in the stream" as a wedding song, so I thought Dollywood would be perfect. What a letdown that they don't have weddings there anymore! :(